Friday, July 24, 2015

The Simplest Manifesto

It's been a long time since I have used my brewing blog. Since I last wrote anything I've had 2 more kids and gotten a whole lot more busy. My brewing has taken on a new focus, using brewing knowledge to make my own beer by the simplest, worry free methods possible.

When I say worry free I mean fuss free, no longer moving fermenters around the house to control temperature or grinding my own grain. In some cases I am spending a little more money, with more equipment, and sometimes less. 

I'm now brewing exclusively extract beers, with a shortened boil, no-chill, dry yeast, temperature controlled fermentation, and kegging it. I would not still be brewing if not for kegging. Also, if I hadn't simplified other parts of my process this hobby would be similarly un-workable for my current life status. Now I'm putting together a series of posts to describe what I am doing, because I think it will help other brewers who want to brew but don't have time to work at their own brewery.